POSITION SUMMARY: This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for managing the financial planning and analysis activities for HiberCell; including department activities/budgets and performing special projects in FP&A.
The FP&A Manager will have exposure to senior management and executive levels within HiberCell. Our employees are expected to function with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced startup company, while working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to the development of novel therapies for dormant and metastatic cancers.
This position is located in New York, NY (potentially working remotely, with estimated travel to NY or other sites one to three times per quarter)
- Lead the annual budget, long-range plan and quarterly forecast process to help deliver on corporate objectives across our research and development functions
- Implement and maintain budget/forecasting platform
- Prepare, analyze and issue company-wide reporting package, with budget to actual analysis and updated forecasts
- Partner with department budget owners to provide routine reporting and operational analyses to manage to the budget and improve forecasting accuracy
- Review and understand contracts to ensure financial compliance requirements
- Work with external vendors (CROs, CDMOs) in establishing the financial forecast and closing positions for clinical and manufacturing
- Responsible for Clinical and Manufacturing month-end/quarter-end closing procedures, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis to support internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Work closely with Accounting team throughout the month and quarter end close processes, including determination and review of accruals, pre-paid, account reconciliations, fluctuation explanations to support internal reporting, etc.
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting policy and procedures. Maintain control of key areas of balance sheet and support external audit
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities, as required
- Develop, maintain and improve on financial models used to forecast, track and analyze functional area costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Assist in the development of dashboards and reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives and processes.
- Proactively identify opportunities for tactical improvements in R&D operations
- Help drive reporting and forecasting improvements by developing new reports and analysis.
- Partner with Program teams and attend program team meetings
- Continuously identify and develop processes, systems, including system implementations and improvements to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance and Accounting organization
- Ad hoc projects and finance department initiatives, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience
- Minimum 5 years of Biotechnology/Pharma R&D experience required
- Experience implementing and maintaining FP&A systems
- Working knowledge and practical understanding of U.S. GAAP required Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability and desire operate as a team player in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated flexibility
- Results driven and a strong bias for action
- Operate with a high degree of integrity
Interested in applying? Email your resume to HR@hibercell.com