HiberCell is seeking an innovative and highly skilled bioinformatician to join our expanding R&D team. The position requires broad scientific and technical experience in the discipline of bioinformatics: emphasizing the development and use of analytical tools for interrogating large-scale transcriptomics data. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter with strong critical thinking skills and a desire to both learn and teach. The successful candidate will leverage public and in-house data to drive model / patient selection as well as enable our ongoing pharmacodynamic biomarker hypothesis buildout. Additionally, the successful candidate must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills and be able to work effectively in a dynamic, fast moving team environment.
- Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics or related computational field
- Strong expertise in computational biology/bioinformatics and familiarity with fundamental concepts in molecular biology, statistics, and oncology
- Experience with analytical and statistical methods for mining ‘big data’ that includes public ‘omics data’ (genomics, transcriptomics, epigenetics, proteomics) and in-house experimental data
- Familiarity with cloud computing and modern open source tools in data science workflow
- Demonstrated track record of success as evidenced by scientific accomplishments and publications in top-tier journals
- Working knowledge of cancer genomics/biology, immunology/immune-oncology, clinical and translational oncology science is desired
- Team Player; able to work effectively across company and academic settings
- Excellent communication, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability and passion to collaborate across project teams to develop bioinformatic hypotheses
- Deep and committed strength in bioinformatic analyses in support pre-clinical model selection that allow teams to connect cancer model genetics with biomarker hypotheses for patient selection
- Working knowledge of validating biomarker strategies via pharmacodynamic end point integration
- Lead and refine analysis and interpretation of high-dimensional experimental data (e.g. RNAseq and whole exome sequencing) enabling next generation experimental design
- Expertise in the use of bioinformatic tools in support of integrated data mining across a highly integrated data set
- Build tools for analysis, visualization and interpretation of various data modalities: NGS, flowcytometry, imaging, etc.
- Monitor and adapt to implement novel analytical methodologies seamlessly integrating them into our rigorous, hypothesis driven R&D pipeline
HiberCell positions are located in New York City. To apply, interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to HR@hibercell.com.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.