Hibercell is ‘The Cancer Dormancy Company’ charged with creating a path forward to address and therapeutically treat tumor dormancy-driven relapse and metastasis in cancer patients. Hibercell is seeking a creative, skilled, self-motivated and experienced scientist to join our team to help advance our biological understanding of cancer dormancy and the targets involved with a focus on novel approaches to target disseminated disease. This position offers the opportunity to immediately impact a growing portfolio of related targeted therapy programs in a fast-paced, innovative scientific environment that leverages both small molecule and protein biologic modalities. This hands-on position requires strong experimental skills in cancer biology and metastasis, preferably with experience in assay development. The right candidate will passionately leverage their scientific experience, curiosity and creativity to help drive assay development, define mechanistic insight and generate high quality data packages enabling data driven decision making. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated critical thinker that possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Scientist II: PhD in biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years drug discovery experience from biotech or industry following post-doctoral experience is desirable
- The successful candidate should be highly self-motivated, and possess strong interpersonal skills to foster cross-functional interactions and a collaborative research environment
- Strong background in cancer/metastasis biology with ability to design, execute and interpret scientific data independently
- Experience/knowledge with ER stress biology and/or its role in dormancy is a plus
- Comfortable in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can add immediate value
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
- Develop and use a breadth of cell and molecular biology techniques to explore the function and mechanism of action of specific cancer dormancy drug targets and their inhibitors
- Design, run and oversee the implementation of assays enabling the discovery of therapeutic targets and rigorous evaluation of therapeutic molecules.
- Critically build and evaluate preclinical data packages in support of clinical translatability
- Advance clinical stage programs through robust monotherapy or drug combination studies to enbable indication expansion
- Remain abreast of relevant research literature and timely communication of these data
- Contribute to cross-functional portfolio development and progression
- Supervise and mentor research associates
- Participate in collaborative research efforts in support of our pipeline
- Maintain rigorous data reporting via e-notebooks
Capabilities & Competencies Needed:
- Candidate must be able to perform a wide array of state-of-the-art molecular and cellular biology techniques
- Experience working with primary cells and 3D cell culture, IHC/IF and imaging, flow cytometry and drug screening assays
- Additional skills/experience: CAM xenografts, CRISPR/Cas9, mouse models of metastasis, automated quantitative pathology (Vectra), anti-cancer drugs.
- Candidates should have a record of success in problem solving and mechanistic biology as demonstrated by peer review publications in high quality, tier 1 journals
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent data documentation, record keeping and organizational skills are essential
- A team player, who listens effectively and is open to scientific discussion
HiberCell positions are located in New York City. To apply, interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to HR@hibercell.com.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.