Hibercell is ‘The Cancer Dormancy Company’ charged with creating a path forward to address and therapeutically treat tumor dormancy-driven relapse and metastasis in cancer patients. Hibercell is seeking a creative, skilled, self-motivated and experienced scientist/lab manager to join our team to help advance our biological understanding of cancer dormancy and the targets involved with a focus on novel approaches to target disseminated disease. This position offers the opportunity to immediately impact a growing portfolio of related targeted therapy programs in a fast-paced, innovative scientific environment that leverages both small molecule and protein biologic modalities. This hands-on position requires strong experimental skills in cancer biology and metastasis, preferably with experience in assay development and laboratory management to maintain the laboratory inventory, order supplies and coordinate service and maintenance of equipment. The right candidate will passionately leverage their scientific experience, curiosity and creativity to help drive assay development, define mechanistic insight and generate high quality data packages enabling data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated critical thinker that possess strong written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working within a highly collaborative team environment.
- PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Extensive prior experience in drug discovery from biotech or industry
- Strong background in cancer/metastasis biology, cell signaling, ER stress and drug discovery preferred
- Problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- The successful candidate should be highly self-motivated, and possess strong interpersonal skills to foster cross-functional interactions and a collaborative research environment
- Independent experimental design and execution of cellular, biochemical and in vivo assays to support studies on tumor/metastasis characterization and drug discovery research
- Establish functional assays using various techniques including 3D and organoids cellular systems, flow cytometry, qPCR, ELISA, confocal microscopy, immunohistochemistry, western blotting, etc.
- Contribute to cross-functional portfolio development and progression
- Collaborate and provide input cross-functionally on best laboratory practices, assay development and execution
- Participate in collaborative research efforts in support of our pipeline
- Maintain rigorous data reporting via e-notebooks
- Maintain laboratory equipment, consumables, materials and inventories
- Establish best practices for vendor management and oversight
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records
- Performing general laboratory managing tasks
Capabilities & Competencies Needed:
- Experience working with cell lines and primary human tumor cells
- Experience with IHC/IF imaging, flow cytometry, 3D cell culture, ex-vivo tissue analysis; CAM xenografts, mouse models of metastasis and CRISPR/Cas9 a plus
- Data analysis, troubleshooting, experiment optimization and data organization for lab meetings presentations
- Competency with database, spreadsheet and presentation applications (eLN, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent data documentation, record keeping and organizational skills are essential
HiberCell positions are located in New York City. To apply, interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to HR@hibercell.com.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.