HiberCell is ‘The Cancer Dormancy Company’ charged with creating a path forward to address and therapeutically treat tumor dormancy-driven relapse and metastasis in cancer patients. HiberCell is seeking a creative, skilled, self-motivated and experienced Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our team to help advance our biological understanding of cancer dormancy and the targets involved with a focus on novel approaches to target disseminated disease.
This position offers the opportunity to immediately impact a growing portfolio of related targeted therapy programs in a fast-paced, innovative scientific environment that leverages both small molecule and protein biologic modalities. This hands-on position requires strong experimental skills in cancer biology, molecular biology, preferably with experience in immunology/immuno-oncology and assay development. The right candidate will passionately leverage their scientific experience, curiosity and creativity to help drive assay development, define mechanistic insight and generate high quality data packages enabling data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated critical thinker that possess strong written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences (ex. Molecular Biology, Cell Biology) with at least 3 years laboratory experience or
- Master’s degree in Biological Sciences with at least 1 year of research experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years industry research experience in drug discovery
- Background knowledge in cancer/metastasis biology, cancer immunology, immune-oncology, cell signaling and ER stress preferred
- Experience working with cell lines and primary human tumor cells
- Experience isolating and working with immune cells (mouse and human)
- Experience with flow cytometry, gene expression analysis, immune cell assays, western blotting, 3D cell culture, ex-vivo tissue analysis
- Data analysis, troubleshooting, experiment optimization and data organization for lab meetings presentations
- Competency with database, spreadsheet and presentation applications (eLN, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Problem-solving skills, and self-directed and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment within fast-paced deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent data documentation, record keeping, and organizational skills are essential
- High degree of creativity, latitude and attention to detail required.
- Independent experimental design and execution of cellular, biochemical and ex vivo assays to support studies on tumor/metastasis characterization and drug discovery research
- Establish functional assays using various techniques including 3D and organoids cellular systems, flow cytometry, qPCR, ELISA, western blotting, viability assays etc.
- Contribute to cross-functional portfolio development and progression
- Collaborate and provide input cross-functionally on best laboratory practices, assay development and execution
- Participate in collaborative research efforts in support of our pipeline
- Maintain rigorous data reporting via e-notebooks ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records
- Maintain laboratory equipment, consumables, materials and inventories
- Performing general laboratory managing tasks
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research projects
- Exercises a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive scientific research programs
Interested in applying? Send your resume to HR@hibercell.com.