Bioinformatics Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
HiberCell is ‘The Cancer Dormancy Company’ charged with creating a path forward to address and therapeutically treat tumor dormancy-driven relapse and metastasis in cancer patients. HiberCell is seeking a creative, skilled, self-motivated and experienced Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our Bioinformatics team to help advance our biological understanding of cancer dormancy and the targets involved with a focus on novel approaches to target disseminated disease.
The candidate will apply state-of-the-art computational methods to analyze large-scale genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic data. The candidate will develop computational tools and pipelines for querying, analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting data to advance the capabilities of the bioinformatic analyses with internal stakeholders (molecular biologists, translational research scientists, and medicinal chemists). The ideal candidate should have sound knowledge of statistical methodology, and ability to critique devised hypotheses and results interpretation.
- Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, information technology, biostatistics or related fields, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Experience programming in a high-level language such as Python, Java, or Perl in Linux environment.
- Experience with statistical programming such as R.
- Basic database skills (SQL) and experience with MySQL.
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing technologies such as RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, Single Cell RNA-Seq.
- Familiarity with Cloud computing such as Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3.
- Experience with feature selection-based machine learning techniques is a plus.
- Problem-solving skills, and self-directed and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment within fast-paced deadlines.
- High degree of creativity, latitude and attention to detail required.
- Integrate internal and external complex datasets to perform bioinformatics and statistical analysis on biomarker identification, and to provide services and supports across a range of R&D projects.
- Collaborate with molecular biologists, translational research scientists, and medicinal chemists, to develop cutting-edge computational methodology, to analyze and interpret various biomarker studies (genetics, gene expression, etc).
- Assist supervisor to manage the established computational tools and pipelines, to test new methods, and to optimize procedures for R&D projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to deliver high quality results in a time sensitive environment.
- Communicate results and findings to key internal stakeholders.
- Guide and/or create user tools for easy access of internal results by scientists.