HiberCell is ‘The Cancer Dormancy Company’ charged with creating a path forward to address and therapeutically treat tumor dormancy-driven relapse and metastasis in cancer patients. HiberCell is seeking a creative, skilled, self-motivated and experienced research associate to join our team to help advance our biological understanding of cancer dormancy and the targets involved with a focus on novel approaches to target disseminated disease. This position offers the opportunity to immediately impact a growing portfolio of related targeted therapy programs in a fast-paced, innovative scientific environment that leverages both small molecule and protein biologic modalities. This hands-on position requires strong experimental skills in cancer biology, preferably with experience in assay development and troubleshooting. The right candidate will passionately leverage their scientific experience, curiosity and creativity to help drive assay development and optimization, define mechanistic insight and generate high quality data packages enabling data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated critical thinker that possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working within a highly collaborative team environment.
- B.S. in Biological Sciences (ex. Molecular Biology, Cell Biology) with at least 2 years of laboratory research experience or
- M.S. Degree in Biological Sciences with research experience
- Established proficiency in functional assays such as flow cytometry, qPCR, ELISA, confocal microscopy, immunohistochemistry, Western blotting, etc.
- Well-trained in mammalian tissue culture, including 2D, 3D, and organoid cell culture
- Problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- The successful candidate should be highly self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills to foster cross-functional interactions and a collaborative research environment
- Prior experience in drug discovery from biotech or industry a plus
- Background knowledge in cancer/metastasis biology, cell signaling, ER stress, and/or drug discovery preferred
- Execution and data interpretation of cellular, biochemical, and ex vivo assays to support studies on tumor/metastasis characterization and drug discovery research under the guidance of senior staff scientists
- Contribute to cross-functional portfolio development and progression
- Provide input cross-functionally on best laboratory practices, assay development, and execution
- Participate in collaborative research efforts in support of our pipeline
- Maintain rigorous data reporting via e-notebooks
- Maintain laboratory equipment, consumables, materials, and inventories
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records
Capabilities & Competencies Needed:
- Experience working with cell lines and primary human tumor cells
- Experience with IHC/IF imaging, flow cytometry, 3D cell culture, ex-vivo tissue analysis
- Data analysis, troubleshooting, experiment optimization, and data organization for lab meeting presentations
- Competency with database, spreadsheet, and presentation applications (eLN, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent data documentation, record keeping, and organizational skills are essential
HiberCell positions are located in New York City. To apply, interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to HR@hibercell.com.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.