HiberCell is ‘The Cancer Dormancy Company’ charged with creating a path forward to address and therapeutically treat tumor dormancy-driven relapse and metastasis in cancer patients. HiberCell is seeking an efficient, well-organized, skilled, and self-motivated research associate to join our team to help advance our biological understanding of cancer dormancy and the targets involved with a focus on novel approaches to target disseminated disease. This position offers the opportunity to immediately impact a growing portfolio of related targeted therapy programs in an innovative scientific environment that leverages both small molecule and protein biologic modalities. This hands-on position requires strong experimental skills in cancer biology. The right candidate will leverage their scientific experience, curiosity, and creativity to help define mechanistic insight and generate high quality data packages enabling data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated critical thinker that possess strong written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working within a highly collaborative team environment.
- B.S. in Biological Sciences (ex. Molecular Biology, Cell Biology) with at least 2 years of laboratory research experience or
- M.S. Degree in Biological Sciences with research experience
- Knowledge background in cancer/metastasis biology, cell signaling and 3D cultures preferred
- Problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, and efficient time management required
- The successful candidate should be highly self-motivated, and possess strong interpersonal skills to foster cross-functional interactions and a collaborative research environment
- Contribute to cross-functional portfolio development and progression
- Participate in collaborative research efforts in support of our pipeline
- Maintain rigorous data reporting via e-notebooks
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records
- Performing general laboratory managing tasks
Capabilities & Competencies Needed:
- Proficiency in 2D mammalian cell culture, including expanding and maintaining cancer and fibroblast cell lines. Experience in spheroids, organoids and 3D culture.
- Experience with protein analysis methods (i.e. Western blot, ELISA), 2D and 3D immunofluorescence, and RNA analysis methods (i.e. qPCR, PCR Arrays). Experience with Protein Simple SimpleWestern platforms a plus (Wes, Jess, Abby)
- Data analysis, troubleshooting, experiment optimization and data organization for lab meetings presentations
- Competency with database, spreadsheet, and presentation applications (electronic notebook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent data documentation, record keeping, and organizational skills are essential
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Interested in applying? Email your resume to HR@hibercell.com