HiberCell is ‘The Cancer Dormancy Company’ creating a path forward to therapeutically treat tumor dormancy-driven relapse and metastasis in cancer patients. HiberCell is seeking an efficient, well-organized, and skilled research associate to join our team and advance our biological understanding of cancer dormancy and the targets involved. This position offers the opportunity to immediately impact a growing portfolio of related targeted therapy programs in an innovative scientific environment that leverages both small molecule and protein biologic modalities. This hands-on position requires strong experimental skills in cancer and molecular biology. The right candidate will leverage their scientific experience, curiosity, and creativity to uncover mechanistic insights and generate high-quality data packages enabling data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated critical thinker that possess strong written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- B.Sc. in a Biological Science (ex. Molecular Biology, Cell Biology) with at least 2 years of laboratory research experience —OR— M.Sc. Degree in a Biological Science with practical laboratory research experience
- Background/experience in cancer biology, cancer-related cell signaling pathways, and metabolism is preferred
- Problem-solving, multi-tasking, working independently and efficient time management are required skills
- Self-motivated scientist, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills to foster and contribute to a collaborative research environment
- Perform molecular biology-based experiments to support portfolio development and progression
- Maintain rigorous experimental records and data reporting via e-notebooks
- Generate data summaries for clear communication of results with the team
- Perform general laboratory management tasks
Capabilities & competencies needed:
- Proficiency with extraction of protein lysates and RNA from cells and tissues
- Skilled in protein expression assays (Western blot, ELISA, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry). Experience Protein Simple SimpleWestern platforms a plus.
- Experience with RNA expression methods (qPCR)
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture, including expanding and maintaining cancer cell lines, and performing cell-based experiments.
- Experimental troubleshooting, assay optimization and validation
- Data analysis and results summarization for team meetings and presentations
- Competency with database, spreadsheet, and presentation applications (electronic notebook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent data documentation and organizational skills
Interested in applying? Email your resume to HR@hibercell.com.